- On Social Media
- sophia [dot] becker [at] rifs-potsdam [dot] de
- Saving energy doesn’t have to mean social imbalance – but we will need to change our habits
- Covid-19 pandemic: Researchers and scientists call on government to enable safe walking and cycling
- How Germany’s climate package can achieve a pioneering climate transition
- Less Diesel, More Cargo Bike Sharing
Sophia Becker is leader of the interdisciplinary Junior Research Group "The Transport Transition as a Socio-ecological Real-World-Experiment" (EXPERI). The group EXPERI is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. It is a joint project of the TU Berlin, the Research Institute for Sustainability (RIFS) Potsdam and the DLR Institute for Transportation Research, Berlin. Sophia Becker is professor for Sustainable Mobility and Transdisciplinary Research Methods at the Technical University Berlin. From 2017 to 2019, she has already been working as mobility researcher (postdoc) at the IASS Potsdam. She studied psychology in Münster and Paris and completed her PhD at the University of Stuttgart (2013-2016), at the department for Sociology of Technology and the Environment. The topic of her dissertation project is rebound behavior in car-based mobility. This research was funded by the interdisciplinary program Helmholtz Alliance ENERGY TRANS. During her PhD, Sophia stayed at the University of California Berkeley, working as a visiting scholar at the department for Innovative Mobility at the Transportation Sustainability Research Center (2015).