- On Social Media
- konrad [dot] guertler [at] rifs-potsdam [dot] de
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Transformations Towards Sustainability at the Regional Level
- Research, accompany, transform: Our research project on structural change in Lusatia
- Lusatia after the Elections – Making Active Citizen Participation a Reality
- It will take more than a rulebook to protect the climate
- A Milestone for Climate Protection: Paris Agreement Enters into Force
Konrad Gürtler joined the IASS as a research associate in 2018. In the research project "Regional Sustainability Transformations" (RST), he investigates conditions and dynamics that promote or hinder sustainability transitions at the regional level. He also pursues a PhD at Radboud University in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Konrad Gürtler studied political science, environmental policy, and environmental planning at Freie Universität Berlin, University of Winnipeg, Technische Universität Berlin, and Marmara University Istanbul. Since 2018, he has been working at the IASS in different projects, mainly in the field of climate and energy policy. From 2019 to 2021, his focus was on researching the governance dynamics of coal phase-out and structural change as part of the research project " Social Transformation and Policy Advice in Lusatia". In the context of his dissertation, Konrad Gürtler investigates the moral-spatial tension fields in which justice claims in transitions are exchanged. The cumulative project turns to different arenas in which demands for climate and energy justice as well as just transitions are brought into interaction. He is an external PhD student at the Institute for Science in Society (ISiS) at Radboud University Nijmegen (The Netherlands).