Launch of the report ‘Stronger together: The role of regional instruments in strengthening global governance of marine plastic pollution’
At this online webinar, the main conclusions and recommendations of the report ‘Stronger together: The role of regional instruments in strengthening global governance of marine plastic pollution’ will be presented. The report is the final product of a research project which analysed the role of regional instruments in combating marine plastic litter and identified linkages of these regional efforts with a new global agreement on marine plastic litter.
Apart from presenting the highlights of the report, the webinar will feature a panel discussion reflecting on the role of regions under a new global agreement.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Pernilla Åhrlin, Head of Section, The Swedish Ministry of the Environment
• Albert A. Magalan, Climate Change Service, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, The Philippines
• Lorna Inniss, Principal Coordination Officer, UNEP Cartagena Convention Secretariat
• Walter Schuldt, Director of Environment and Sustainable Development Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Relations and Human Mobility of Ecuador
• Jerker Tamelander, Coordinator, Secretariat of the Coordinating Body on the Seas of East Asia (COBSEA), UNEP
• Yegor Volovik, Coordinator, Northwest Pacific Action Plan
This research is led by the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) in Potsdam, Germany and supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment.
A news story featuring the key messages of the report can be accessed here: Recommendations for Regional Action to Combat Marine Plastic Pollution
Further information you can find in the Recording of the launch: