Dr. Henrike Knappe
Scientific Coordinator Overarching Focal Topic
- RIFS Focal Topic: The Year in Review
- Time is of the essence in the climate crisis – and so is the case for global justice and equity
- Climate litigation and planetary justice – the kick-off of the lecture series “Justice and Sustainability”
- Justice in Sustainability: The IASS Focal Topic for the Year 2022
- Justice and the Climate Crisis: Germany’s Constitutional Court Rules on Climate Action Legislation
Henrike Knappe has been Scientific Project Leader of the Politicizing the Future project at the RIFS since January 2017. Her research focuses on the political representation of future generations and the contexts and practices of democratic representation.
Henrike studied political science at the University of Bremen, the University of Kraków and the Freie Universität Berlin. During a research internship at the University of Washington in Seattle she started researching the transnational networks of non-governmental organisations. Her doctoral thesis investigated practices of deliberation, participation and representation in transnational civil society networks. Henrike worked at the Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities (KWI) Essen before joining the IASS, today's RIFS.